On 2007/10/31 13:42 (GMT-0400) Aaron Kulkis apparently typed:

> Mike McMullin wrote:

>> My apologies for nit-picking here.  When Windows(tm) writes the MBR,
>> it does not "break" the Linux install,

> What version did that change with?

> Every version I've seen, including the XP Government version
> attempts to destroy any non-MS O/S on target disk.

Win95 AFAIK. No version I've tried has ever found it necessary to disrupt any
type 82 or 83 partition made in conformance to standard M$ starts at start of
cylinder, ends at end of cylinder partition format - as long as it was
provided an appropriate place to put itself. Normally I partition prior to
beginning ANY type of installation, and doz simply does not complain when it
finds an active primary it can use, or in addition a logical FAT, FAT32 or
NTFS that I tell it to install to.

If it's destroying some pre-existing partitioning, it must be because you've
offered it no suitable place to put itself. Installing doz first is not
necessary, and indeed not always even possible.
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/install-doz-after.html
--
"The basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings
we get from Exodus and St. Matthew, from Isaiah and St.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409