On 10/26/2007 Doug McGarrett wrote:
I think this is not what the original writer had in mind. He'd like to _keep_ his Linux install. What if he disconnected the drive(s) with Linux on them, and then installed Windows on a clean drive. Supposesdly, you can multiboot from a Windows installation, but I don't know how. Then instead of Grub, you'd use the Windows multibooter to access Linux.
--doug

In a way this is exactly what he wants to do. He wants to install Windows on a new "clean" drive without destroying his Linux install. OK, unplug the Linux drives. Install Windows. Plug in the Linux drives. Boot to Linux. Run the boot loader configuration and set it up to boot the Windows drive as a choice.

At least that's the way I understand his situation.

Alternatively, IF he has a boot loader already in his bios he won't need to set up anything after the Windows install. Simply use the built in boot loader to boot whichever drive has the OS he wants to boot.

OR

He could use a third party boot loader, outside the normal operating systems, to boot whichever drive he wants at startup.

Actually, couldn't be simpler.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh