Chris Arnold wrote:
I have a bunch of html files that i need to do a couple of things to:
1.remove the html and head tags and replace them with other code
2.rename the file to .php

Isn't there a program that will search all the files in a given directory for
html and head and then replace that with something else? Then rename the files?
I have seen the replace function in gedit but it does not accept the php code
that needs to be inserted (i think the code is to long). Anyone no of a
program/way that will accomplish this?

Cannot help you with the first requirement but regarding renaming the files use XnView to do this. XnView is basically a picture viewing application but, surprisingly, it doesn't care what the files are when you use its Batch Rename facility - it will happily rename the extension of the files for you.

Place all the html-extension files in the one directory then use the Batch Rename facility in XnView to rename the extenions to .php.

Cheers.

--
Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future.