On Saturday 17 November 2007 14:40, Bryen wrote:
> Is there any way to undo an rm in terminal?  Probably not, but
> thought I'd ask...

The short answer is "no." There's no "trashcan" or "wastebin" involved.
Only with tremendous luck and heroic effort could you hope to recover
the contents of the file to which you applied the stock "rm" command.

I've known users (dare I say, "lusers") to override rm with a script
that moves the target files to a trashcan folder.

I don't suppose it will be long now before we have a Linux counterpart
to the latest Mac OS's "Time Machine" functionality.

> --
> ---Bryen---

Randall Schulz