On Sunday 16 December 2007 18:54, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> > Perhaps file creation is a slow operation over nfs :-?
>
> EVERYTHING is slower over NFS -- or any other network
> connection -- by a factor of 100 or more.
   Yes, and, NFS typically does not work very well across a wan.

Isn't NFS a udp stateless connection that does not guarantee ordering of
packets? Seems to me that if the connection is over a wan NFS is very slow or
maybe even non functioning because of packet delays and ordering problems do
to wan timing and routing.  Does NFS work with tcp these days?

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><