On Friday 21 December 2007 20:28:04 Randall R Schulz wrote:
> On Friday 21 December 2007 11:10, primm wrote:
> > > NFS is kind of ugly itself, don't you think?
> >
> > Ugly? Naah! It's soooo neat. With nis and nfs anyone can login
> > anywhere and get their own files and start work right after they've
> > got a coffee. It just works. Just like NT server before someone
> > downloded a virus.
>
> Well, I guess if someone else is configuring and maintaining it, sure,
> it's wonderful.

I setup  an nfs server to export /home to 5 other clients. The same server
handles nis logins. No eggageration, it took me 1/2 hour most of which was
reading man exports until I discovered that Yast had read it for me already!
I'll bet that some gurus on this list could do it in 5.

Just curious, but what are my alternatives for nfs?
Love from L