Rajko M. wrote:
On Friday 21 December 2007 10:28:01 am Aaron Kulkis wrote:
I just don't understand why it works so bad on such a good computer
and an average data load.
Simple, Gary.

It's poorly designed and/or written, because it's
behavior while executing is very careless, and consumes
resources far in excess of it's utility.

Beagle runs as if the whole reason for having data on a
computer is for beagle to have something to sort, rather
than that the purpose of beagle is to index the data
created and used by the programs that the user actually
wants to have the computer for.

The thing needs a complete overhaul.

None up to now told what version of SUSE is used.

Beagle is a resource hog no matter what version
of SuSE is used, for the precise reasons I
listed above...it's VERY VERY VERY poorly implemented.

None is trying to start troubleshooting.

The problems with beagle are so self-evident
that it's absolutely amazing that the
maintainers haven't fixed it.

Just bashing, with no technical arguments.

Valid complaints are valid complaints.

Bashing is making unjustified complaints....
and writing about beagle and how it is an
unwarranted resource hog for any user who
has a lot of data is NOT an unjustified
complaint....it's an observation of fact.

So let's stay away from the langauge of
political correctness (characterizing
a complaint as "bashing" because frankly,
the software's current state cannot be
defended by any person who is both
knowledgeable and rational).

Kulkis, are you are doing this on your own time?

Yes.

I don't think so.

I just got home from Iraq.
I'm on transition leave.

It is so fine pollution of informational value of
> this list that it doesn't appear as amateur work.

I'm a computer systems engineer, and that has been
my profession for many years.

I'm very pro-opensource, and very pro-Linux (i've
been supporting the idea since before I ever even
bothered to go about owning my own computer at home).