On Sun, 30 Dec, 2007 at 09:26:04 +0100, Jon Clausen wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec, 2007 at 19:22:13 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> >   rpm --test -e amarok amarok-xine amarok-yauap
>
> Indeed. I should have thought of that.
>
> > you are building a house of sticks and pulling out hair that will not
> > regenerate
>
> Not really - the pulling hairs bit... I'm way past that.
>
> What *is* kind of annoying is that the updater *still* has this 'amarok'
> update, despite the fact that all amarok rpms were uninstalled yesterday.

Just a followup on the "sticky" amarok-update;

After mucking about with 'zypper' for a while, trying to get it refreshed to
a point where it would realize there was no reason to offer me an amarok
update, I finally went to yast online update instead;

It too had the same update as "preselected".

In the end I decided to just let it (YOU that is) update, since I could just
remove whatever would be installed afterwards.

YOU ran, went through the motions of updating amarok, finished. Afterwards
rpm -qa | grep -i amarok still comes up empty. So I'm all happy now;

Amarok is gone, updater applet is green (no updates).

So there.

/jon
--
YMMV