Kate drives me nuts.  Its a good editor but every time you right click
to edit a file in konqueror using kate it starts a new window.  If I use
a command window and specify --use it will "reuse" an existing window if
one is started for the session I specify.  However because kdeinit
starts it I cannot pass a parm through konqueror.
So I get 30 kate windows on my desktop when all I want is one.  Ideally
I'd like kate to open the file I've chosen in the instance of kate which
is already open ON THAT DESKTOP.

Has anyone figured this out?
Sorry if this is an inappropriate forum... well not all that sorry....
wcn