On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, Wendell Nichols wrote:-

>Kate drives me nuts.  Its a good editor but every time you right click
>to edit a file in konqueror using kate it starts a new window.  If I use
>a command window and specify --use it will "reuse" an existing window if
>one is started for the session I specify.  However because kdeinit
>starts it I cannot pass a parm through konqueror.
>So I get 30 kate windows on my desktop when all I want is one.  Ideally
>I'd like kate to open the file I've chosen in the instance of kate which
>is already open ON THAT DESKTOP.
>
>Has anyone figured this out?

I haven't figured it out but I can say that it used to work.

I still have a 9.3 system up and running, and when asking Konqueror to
open a file in Kate, it will reuse a presently running Kate. I don't
know if this is the same in 10.0, but trying it in 10.1 doesn't work.

Regards,
        David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: http://www.distributed.net/ OGR-P2 @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~15Mkeys
SUSE 10.1 32bit  | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a0