On Sun, January 13, 2008 10:58 am, Jerry Houston wrote:
> I use remote desktop connections all the time at work, because we're
> commercial Windows software developers.  At home, however, I've always
> used a rather clumsy KVM switch to change from my Linux hardware to my
> Windows hardware.  One of the disappointments has been that doing so
> switched the audio output as well, interrupting whatever I was
> listening
> to whenever I've needed to work with both machines.

Whew!  You scared me there for a second.

In my world, the term "remoting" refers to any variation on OLE or COM
or COM+ or .NET remote object instantiation.

Yeah, RDC is a great tool. I've been using it for awhile now...

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/remote.jpg

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/2007/20071101_rdc_vista.jpg

I currently have four computers on my desk at work - openSUSE, XP,
Vista.  I use RDC to get to them all. Not to mention my Win2003
workstations.

Enjoy!