Rodney Baker wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2008 19:50:07 Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> [...]
>> Kai,
>>
>> on a sidenote. I saw that you have a visio icon on your Linux desktop.
>>
>> How do you run visio on Linux?
>>
>> Thanks much a kind regards
>> Eberhard
>
> Visio runs OK under CrossOver Office (a commercial version of wine) - see
> www.codeweavers.com. Support wasn't perfect around version 4 (of Crossover),
> but I no longer have my Visio install disk so I haven't been able to test it
> with recent versions (currently up to 6.2).

Thanks much, Rodney. I knew that cxoffice works great to make MS Office
working on Linux. I was not aware that this applies for visio, as well.

It is optimised for running MS
> Office - it can be quite useful to run Excel and Word "natively" on Linux at
> times...

Indeed.

However from a financial perspective, that means basically that you will
need to add the crossover office license fee to the MS-Office premium.

So imho the financial benefit of using Linux is kind of minimized
against using the windows version that came with the machine.

kind regards
Eberhard