-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re:[opensuse] Grub Error 21
From: James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: SUSE Linux <opensuse@opensuse.org>
Date: Fri 18 Jan 2008 10:09:11 EST

Dave Barton wrote:
I have just upgraded a PC for a colleague, who, after much badgering and
encouragement, conceded to have a dual boot install of OpenSUSE 10.3
on a second drive. Installed XP Pro on hd0, no problem. Created a
FAT32 partition on hd1 using 50% of the disk capacity, leaving
remainder unallocated for Linux partitions. Booted to the 10.3
installation DVD and the install to hd1, including on-line updates,
went perfectly, until the first reboot, where I get:

Though I don't recall the exact details, I had a similar problem last
year.  IIRC, after booting with the CD and then boot installed system, I
went into Yast and changed where Grub started the installed SUSE from. I think I had to specifiy the actual partition or something like that.

Thanks for the quick reply James. I have been trying a number of different options in the GRUB configuration, but so far I have no luck. Without going through the install DVD, I continually come back to the Error 21 :(

Regards

Dave