David wrote:

> I only pop over
> to the XP side to play games.

It always strikes me as odd when I hear people say how 'bloze is so
great for games. There is one thing in ms favor, and that is the
availability of game titles, due to their large, long term market share.

But that's not to say that there are no games for linux. Over the years
I've played games on linux (I kind of like the networked 3D FPS variety)
 starting with good old doom in the mid 90s, to doom 2, then quake,
quake 2, quake 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, ut2000, ut2004, Enemy
Territory, and more, all 100% native linux games.

There are of course a lot of games that are available for ms and not for
linux, but you know what? I already spend way too much time gaming, but
if I were really determined to play one of those games, I could run it
under wine, or failing that, buy a console.

At any rate, I don't feel the need, nor the faintest desire, to resort
to wintendo for games, or anything else.

Joe