On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:06:02 -0000, Philippe Landau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But why is the percentage of surfers using Linux so small ?
Is it mainly because of the games or are the shortcomings
of Linux an important factor and which ones most ?

Kind regards     Philippe

I'd say games, yes, also hardware drivers too. But the main thing is probably people thinking that windows (mostly, though mac too of course) is how computers work. When I switched to Linux, the biggest thing that struck me was the amazement that here was something running the computer that wasn't windows, after that how nice it looked and that it wasn't as terrifyingly geeky as I had heard. There was a very steep learning curve at the start, when I was so frustrated about not knowing how to do the most basic things that I was so familiar with. It took a couple of months of determination to get over this, and since then I only pop over to the XP side to play games. I wonder if I hadn't had such a bad feeling about MS in general and arrival of Vista in particular, whether I would have stuck with it. I'm very glad I did.
Cheers,
David