John B Pace wrote:
> So, it is like it used to be, Carlos? Really no need for antivirus
> software?  Interesting that the windows machines are being protected
> from themselve. I assume some distros must be weaker than others? Or why
> would clamav or antivir (Avira GmbH) been created. I'm probably sticking
> my foot in my mouth or worse my head where the sun doesn't bother
> shining, but I'm really curious as to clamav and antivir. You don't have
> to answer this if you don't want, Carlos. I can check it out! Thanks!
> John

These antivirus programs are made mainly for scanning attached files in
e-mails sent by windows computers. Although some virus eventually
included in those e-mails are not able to infect your Linux operating
system, whenever you send them to someone else they might infect others
computers that receive them. Eventually, you may use these programs to
scan windows computers in your local network.