From: "Jason Carreira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 6:32 PM
Subject: RE: [OS-webwork] WebWorks without velocity how to

Well, I haven't done the experiments Hani has, but my previous
experience has been that JSP is very memory intensive and somewhat slow.
It creates a lot of objects for handling tags and passing around
contexts. Just because you can generate Java code directly and compile
it doesn't make it faster. After all, we all use Java and we know it
must be slow because it's not "native" :-)