Dear Jörn,

   I can confirm that changing sources.list to use the repository you
gave earlier in this thread corrects the problem I was having with GTK.
OTC identified an updated version of Firefox-17 as being available after
the change of repo and, after updating, it now works as intended.

Thanks,

Mark

http://devel.openthinclient.org/firefox-17/5f1b84gdfcf3e1d/firefox-17_1.0.0-17.0.1-02.tar.gz