On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 01:43:33PM +0200, Heiko Hund wrote:
> On Monday 16 August 2010 10:40:41 Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > Does this snapshot fix any problems/bugs?
>
> Just the ones I come by. Try the latest version from
> http://sf.net/projects/openvpn-gui/files/ to see if it works better for you.

I could try this..

> > I'm often seeing problems with the gui icon on Windows 7 (64bit)..
> > sometimes (usually after suspend+resume of the laptop) the gui icon
> > stops responding, and I cannot stop the openvpn connection anymore..
>
> So the icon is still there, but a right-click does not pop up the menu
> anymore? Does the color of the icon reflect the current connection state?

Sorry for a really late reply..
I'm not sure if I remembered to reply to this email earlier.

Yeah, the icon is there, the icon color shows the connection state,
but it's "stuck" somehow.. nothing happens when you right-click on it.

It just happened again today, using openvpn 2.2.0.

To reproduce on win7 x64:
        - Start openvpn connection.
        - The icon goes green.
        - Suspend the laptop without disconnecting openvpn.
        - Wake up the laptop.
        - Openvpn-connection re-establishes,
          but now the icon is unresponsive/deadlocked and you can't stop the
connection from it.

To fix it:
        - Suspend/resume the laptop again, it *might* work then.
        - or reboot.

-- Pasi