For starters, in generic/ you may want to add a -L in the CURLOPTS to make
it follow the 302's from github.

I'll continue in the following days and let you know how it goes.

BTW, to do the MSVC build I installed Strawberry Perl, which I think is the
best option when one wants Perl on windows. Now that I think of it, one
should theoretically be able to compile openvpn and its dependencies with
Strawberry Perl alone as the only necessary prerequisite, since tools such
as mingw and dmake are included in the strawberry package (they are used to
compile Perl XS modules, etc).

--
Athanasios Douitsis