Hi,

On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 07:35:13PM +0000, Peter Davis wrote:
> > Abandon that thought. We've been here before: you need unique keys per
> > user, everything else will just make your life painful and miserable.
>
> If each user has their own key, then there should be a Client.conf file for
> each user, which itself contains a unique IP address, a unique port and a
> unique TUN. For example, for 100 users, there are 100 configuration files,
> 100 IP addresses, 100 open ports and 100 TUNs.

OpenVPN Server is point-to-multipoint, so a single server can easily
handle 1000s of clients.

You need a unique key+cert per client, which form a unique client config
(everything *not* key/cert related stays the same, though).  Nothing else
needs to be maintained per-client, the server will do that all for you.

With a single TUN.

gert