On Jan 23, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Mark Struberg wrote:

Hi folks!

Before we click on the red button finally, I'd like to ask if we really do like to release M1 NOW?

Gavin today published the public review draft of the spec, and it contains a lot of changes which do change WebBeans a lot.

e.g. the change of the packages, EJB handling etc.

Do we really like to release M1 today?

Just to be sure -- that should say something like "do we really like to create an M1 release candidate to vote on, today?"

Or should we better take 2 days, read through the final spec, create Jiras for all things we have to do, then prioritise them and finally do a M1 release next week?

Otherwise we have to admit that without e.g. the package changes, we will have to ship a M2 very quickly. Otoh we could try how good our release process works already ;)

WDYT?

I have no problem either way. It sounds prudent to allow some time for everyone to review the new spec and then make the decision. I'm guessing that you'll probably want to make updates to rapidly match the new spec.

--kevan