Hi Ajay,

sorry for the late reply, see below.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 8:56 PM Ajay Tripathi <ajay3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> *Update:* I've submitted the final application and I was able to make the
> video[1] demonstration of the prototype in time to add it in the proposal.
> :-)
>

>> 1. About Database:
>>

>> 2. Migration problem with docker-compose:
>>

>> 3. Terraform creating order:
>>

> Thanks for all the pointers on the problems above. I've managed to work up
> a solution for them, please provide feedback on the solution:
> When I started migrating from one container and moved all the containers
> to the development version of the openwisp these issues were solved.
> Now, the migrations take place from openwisp_dashboard only. I've added a
> file named migration_settings.py containing all the apps in INSTALLED_APPS
> and i migrate with the command python manage.py migration
> --settings=openwisp.migration_settings and that solved it.
>

> However, I am still not clear about the "admin interface"/dashboard. I
> have following questions that I think will help me be certain about it:
>
> 1. Is "dashboard" and "admin interface" the same container or are they
> different containers?

Same thing, let's find a good name for this. What do you suggest?

2. In the dashboard container I have all the basic django INSTALLED_APPS
> with openwisp_users only and in the urls of this container I have:
>     url(r'^admin/', admin.site.urls),
>     url(r'^accounts/', include('openwisp_users.accounts.urls'))
> does the dashboard/admin-interface user need any other urls as well?

each module may have some URLs that are called from the admin.

For example:

- django_netjsonconfig has a URL for loading the JSON schemas in the
schema-editor widget
- openwisp_controller.config has a URL for loading the default templates
- openwisp_controller.pki has a URL for downloading the CRL (certificate
revocation list)

In the truth the cleanest solution would be to make sure all the views and
URLs that are loaded from the admin are automatically created in the admin
(like the preview view).
We could start taking notes of all these URLs, create issues in each module
and then gradually over time fix this confusing situation.

Something you will have to do is to patiently try to use every feature of
the admin (click on every button, try everything) and take note of what
doesn't work.

> 3. The admin container information explicitly mentions about "views
> managing account information (password reset, email confirmation)", by any
> chance, does that mean that the other containers should not contain views
> managing account information or am I thinking in the wrong direction about
> it now?

I think you have understood.

The container which provides the API views for the controller module should
not provide "openwisp_users.accounts.urls'".