On 04/27/2010 10:06 AM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
Yes there are some fixups that have to be fixed ;-)
Please have a look at: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/3177

Hauke

Jo-Philipp Wich schrieb:
My first best guess is /etc/init.d/nvram, it does some fixups on firstboot.

~ Jow

hmm, thanks for the tips - it really seems, that change of 'sdram_init' in nvram boot script may be the cause - I guess that 'boardtype' of 0x042f applies to wl-500gp, so the original sdram_init value was ORed with 0x0009, hm, great:-(

A page describing the memory controller values:
http://wl500g.dyndns.org/sdram.html

sdram_init value of 0x0019 (probably had 0x0011 before, ORed by backfire with 0x0009) is not documented there, having memory controller's ColWidth bitfield with 110 value now, probably a non sense unsupported by hw...

Is it right assuming that CFE runs initially from flash, without use of ram because memory controller is not set up yet, then taking values from nvram part of flash to programm the memory controller before relocating itself/kernel into ram?

I guess the last hope for the router is the pin9 trick - read a lot about it, checked even datasheets, did not find somebody's explanation, why it should even work though, so never tried it - shorting an address line of flash chip - what it might cause, if it looks like CFE is not started as there is nothing on serial console? Or is CFE started only partially, and logs are visible on serial console only if sdram controller is set up properly?

Jan