On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I don't think the issue is just documentation.
> I see 4 possible cases:
> - nvram settings are good: nothing to do.
Fair enough

> - nvram settings are bad, the machine can't boot: nothing to do.
Jtag new bootloader (you did  remember to make a jtag cable when you
started fucking with the nvram right?), defaults may suck

> - nvram settings are bad, but the machine is still able to boot and we
>  can login remotely.
/etc/init.d/nvram would execute here and fix the critical vars.

> - nvram settings are bad, the machine boots up to the nvram-cleanup
>  script, but can't do much more (e.g. can't login remotely into the
>  machine).
failsafe should work in this case, failing that what every other
recovery option exists for the platform.