Hi Bjorn,
Hi John,

On 9/26/21 10:43, Bjørn Mork wrote:
John Crispin <j...@phrozen.org> writes:

poemgr does not use the APIs provided by libubox so I doubt that this
will land in the tree.

It's going through the packages repo according to
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/a9839697896c4fdf8c44a06bbce466ce52493069

The distinction is of little imprtance to the outside world.  You will
have poemgr in OpenWrt.

poemgr is set to land in the packages feed. I don't have stakes in the realtek
PoE business
and poemgr is more or less the result of a weekend hacking around the specific
device (USW-Lite).

I didn't fully catch up what the ultimate goal around PoE support is, but
having the ability to
control the ports in the first place being it with a non-preinstalled tool from
the packages repo
is a good start where we can iterate upon and either integrate support for an
additional PSE controller
with it's quirks or aim for an extension of a kernel subsystem.

That being set, the goal of poemgr is not to replace the other efforts. I'm
sorry if I caused this impression.

Best
David

Bjørn