Cédric,

I am curious, how does the manifest help with avoiding FROM? Is it that we
would use that to pull the correct base Alpine image?

Regards,
Mark

Mark Beierl
SW System Sr Principal Engineer
Dell EMC | Office of the CTO
mobile +1 613 314 8106<tel:1-613-314-8106>
mark.bei...@dell.com<mailto:mark.bei...@dell.com>

On Oct 15, 2017, at 23:55,
"cedric.olliv...@orange.com<mailto:cedric.olliv...@orange.com>"
<cedric.olliv...@orange.com<mailto:cedric.olliv...@orange.com>> wrote:

Alex,

Yes. You know I was waiting for tests from your side. As manifest works as
expected, we can remove most of them.

But I will keep the one to build/publish containers in any repo as it's very
useful.

My sentence was focused on Functest.

Cédric

---- Alexandru Avadanii a écrit ----

Hi,

[Alex]
For the record, the cost of dismissing FROM ARG is duplicating the Dockerfile
(either with a patch, or with a series of runtime sed, e.g. [1] vs [2]).
Also, Storperf requires the latest Docker, and has no issues on the current
OPNFV builders, so those are already up to date.
I'm not saying FROM ARG should be enforced, but if some projects want to use
it, they should be allowed to, instead of juggling with FROM using sed or
patches.

BR,
Alex

[1] https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/44999/1/build.sh