From: HU, BIN
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:16 PM
To: opnfv-...@lists.opnfv.org; opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Discussion of OPNFV Strategic Plan

Hello community,

At the 1st meeting of our new TSC today, we kicked off a discussion of OPNFV
Strategic
Plan<https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/2925933/OPNFV%20Strategy%20and%20Plan%20v0.5.pptx?version=1&modificationDate=1540961098489&api=v2>.
 The outline of the OPNFV Strategic
Plan<https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/2925933/OPNFV%20Strategy%20and%20Plan%20v0.5.pptx?version=1&modificationDate=1540961098489&api=v2>
 includes:

  *   First 3 agenda items outline the current status of OPNFV (slide #3-#8),
which is a Problem Statement
     *   Slide #7 is a summary of input from new TSC members.
  *   Then it talks about key objectives of evolving OPNFV (slide #10),
focusing on
     *   Stakeholder-oriented business opportunity
     *   Technology excellence
     *   Community growth
  *   Slide #11-#13 talks about stakeholder-oriented business opportunity,
including
     *   Why should we evolve to DevOps platform
     *   A user story
     *   OPNFV new strategy, including addressing key roadblocks of other
communities including ONAP, OpenStack and Acumos
  *   Slide #14 talks about technology excellence, such as cloud-native and
microservices, edge, and a long-term vision of cloud-services based toolchain
  *   Slide #15 talks about community growth
  *   Slide #16 talks about the next step to develop a detailed work plan

We would like community involvement in discussing OPNFV strategic plan, and
shaping OPNFV's future. So we plan to discuss it in the Weekly Technical
Discussion on Nov 8.

Meanwhile, please feel free to give any feedback via email so that the
discussion on Nov. 8 will be more effective and productive.

Thank you and look forward to everyone's involvement and feedback.

Bin