On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:10 AM, t.petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:
> [...]

Yup, the CfA for this took a really long time, because we had 2
competing drafts, and delayed while waiting to see if the authors
could merge them, which should take priority, etc. The WG -00 was
posted on December 12th, the authors asked for LC on Jan 15th, and we
said (on the 16th) that we'd like a bit more feedback and if we
didn't, would try force the issue by going to WGLC. Sine then we've
gotten review from one person - yourself.

I have on my calendar (which you cannot see :-)): "Start WGLC on
draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-00 - Feb 2nd"

>   That is where the time
> goes, checking, waiting, prodding, wondering, meandering off into
> appsawg whose calls for adoption - despite adopting a leaky bucket
> approach to adoption - seem even more fraught etc.
>
> So I have commented on this I-D in the past - I tend to read every mib
> module - but will not be doing so just yet.  Perhaps when the shepherd
> write-up for
> draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp
> is complete,

Ok, but there will not *be* a shepherd writeup until the WGLC for
draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp is done, and there is consensus.

We've been having a really hard time getting people to review and
comment in OpsAWG, partly during discussions, but especially during LC
-  if folk have reviewed and provided feedback during the evolution of
the documents it is still helpful to comment (even just to say that
they still approve, and still think it is worth publishing) at LC.
Because of the nature of OpsAWG we often end up with  documents that
are only of interest to a small subset of participants and / or are
maintenance type documents, and so we often only have a small number
of people participating, but calling consensus on a tiny number of
reviews (and explaining this is writeups) is getting old...

> Tom Petch
>
>> Scott
>>
>> > On Jan 28, 2015, at 7:03 PM, Michael MacFaden <m...@vmware.com>
> wrote:
>> >
>> > Exactly  how many folks need to speak up?
>> >
>> > We did have operator input on this work.
>> > We can ping them to to send email
>> > to the list...
>> >
>> > Mike

> consensus