I think that options 1 and 2 are closer than we think and can be aligned if we can agree on getting rid of the network-hardware-inventory container object that is defined in draft-ietf-ccamp-network-inventory.  This will allow us to move forward quickly with a model for network hardware inventory, as required by ccamp, while preserving the option for a model that can be generalized and extended to incorporate other types of inventory, as desired by ivy.  I'll describe a bit more details in a separate email in order to not distract from the poll.

I guess this makes me a proponent of option 3, but with the caveat that this would not need to restart from scratch.  Instead it can be derived in very straighforward manner from the existing models with these slight alignments as described.  I am also sure that a lot of the existing text can be salvaged.

--- Alex