Lets not forget also the benefit of archive log to
allow only restored of a subset of files in the event
of a recovery.  In noarchivelog, if you lose one file,
you'll typically  need to restore the lot.  In
archivelog, you'll typically need to restore just the
one

hth
connor

 --- "Deshpande, Kirti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > No no.. You are correct.

> In my case, since no changes are made to the
> database other than the data
> loads, and there are no issues about recovering from
> the last cold backup &
> the downtime involved, we can live with noarchivelog
> mode. That's all.
>
> Cold backups with noarchivelog mode are useless if
> point-in-time recovery is
> desired.
>
> It all depends on the requirements.
>
> - Kirti

=== message truncated ===

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=