From: Robert Freeman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 1:40 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Perl - Was Unix time conversion function

Cary.... I once thought I wanted to do some Perl coding... So I bought a book and started to play with it. It made my head bleed... literally I had little droplets of blood emerging from my head.... They rushed me to the hospital and put me in the Perl ward where I languished for days on IV's of Mountain Dew and pulverized Ritz crackers..... it was close.

In my mind there is nothing obvious about Perl, this coming from and old C coder who did pointers and linked lists in his sleep years ago. I don't know, maybe I was having a bad day and it's time to get my "learning Perl" book out again....

Anyone else feel that way about Perl or am I a lone wolf in a Perl world?

RF

Scott Stefick
UNIX Systems Administrator
Oracle Certified Professional DBA