Stuart

The Second area of greenhouse monitoring I want to cover is a web camera in your greenhouse, you can use it to monitor for intruders or just set it up to monitor several things. I have an network camera online in my greenhouse, so I can see what is going on. It has a pan and zoom features I can see my thermostat, exhaust fan and most of my greenhouse by just panning around, and I can zoom in on anything I want to in my greenhouse. I do not have my camera on the internet as I do not want to broadcast what I have in bloom.

You could have multiple cameras and switch between them to see what is happening in various parts of the greenhouse. Some of them are very inexpensive and easy to use. One way to monitor several cameras is to use remote access software to log into a computer on your home network and use it to look at the various cameras.

I am looking at several new web enabled video cameras which are not cheap, a good one will run $135 or more, do count on the inexpensive ones working very well or for very long. I am also looking at the inexpensive USB cameras I can place through out my greenhouse the problem with these is you have to have a computer close enough to hook them into. Read the reviews on anything before buying to find out what others had for experience with the equipment.

Tom Hillson