Hi Tom--

What I'm saying is that X10 is NOT a viable system!  I played with the early
versions of it in high school during the early 60s when it was hot stuff.  I
recommend only an ordinary LAN system that you connect your computers
together and share the internet over.  Your existing sensors (WITHOUT the
X10 parts) can be connected to various over the counter LAN/ethernet/TCP-IP
boxes that then interface them to the LAN.  Your existing web browser and
choice of canned software then lets you monitor and/or control the whole
mess over the internet, or just locally, however you chose.

X10 can certainly be made to work, but it can rarely be made reliable.  The
best I can suggest is to always keep it on the same circuit in the house.
That is, make sure that all of the outlets (for X10 appliances that talk to
each other) connect to the same fuse or circuit breaker in your electrical
box.  That will solve some problems sometimes.

I am sure that if you go to YahooGroups homepage and search on X10 that you
can come up with some helpful resources in there somewhere.

Roger