Hi Thomas--

X10 is an ancient protocol, even predating the internet!!

By far the best way to monitor and control things is through is a simple LAN
system.  Your existing sensors are perfectly usable and you have the benefit
of internet interface and control if you want it ... eg a temperature sensor
(or whatever) is out of the range you preset, so the system sends you an
email, maybe turns on a video server camera, or automatically starts a
ventilator ... basically whatever you tell it to do.

This is the way industrial control systems are put together ... never with
X10 :-)

This link oi-cellennium-thailand.telemetryview.com/thcell4 is to a page that
provides monitoring of a solar power system that I'm currently in the
commissioning process for.  A much more basic example.

Regards/Roger, in Bangkok

regards/Roger, in Bangkok