Robert,

You are right about us being more silent for some time than we want and need
to be. I can assure you that this is temporary and (besides the recent
holidays) is largely due to the fact of major development and bug fixing
being done prior to the release of 1.0. Currently there is no date set for
1.0 for a few reasons. There are still bugs that need to be fixed and we are
still in discussions with Sun considering the licensing of the Java 2
Enterprise Edition brand and compability test suite. The answer still has to
be Real Soon Now (TM).

To make it easier for you to track what bugs have been fixed and what is
still there we have planned to put up a bug tracking system on the site and
we hope this will be in place soon to make you get better feedback. We feel
confident that serious EJB development works very well with Orion today but
we agree that there are bugs that need to be fixed and we are working hard
to do so. In the next version coming up soon you will also see some major
changes and improvements that we feel will strengthen Orion alot.

Until we get the bug tracking system going we will try hard to make sure
that we are more visible on this list and comment on bug reports.

Regarding source licensing, we currently have no such plans.

Best regards,
Karl Avedal