How much time do you have?  I say that becuase you may burn a lot of time
trying to solve those database issues that are solved in some of the other
commercial products.

For replication you could use snapshots wither by doing exports/imports or
data copying on a periodic basis so that you could at least recover fairly
quickly....

I have not used DB2 but people have mentioned that it is fairly inexpensive
when compared to Oracle.....

I would have thought that the SAP product would have had failover and
perhaps even Postgress???

Cory