Wim,

We've used IB extensively for the past few years - it's an excellent
low-maintenance choice (DBA-free) for small to medium applications, but
doesn't scale well to large numbers of users or heavy loads.  Depending on
the OS platform, there is a hard limit of 250 simultaneous connections - but
we often run into concurrency problems well below that number, even on large
Sun servers.

E-mail me if you need more info,
Steve