I don't agree.  A newsgroup is a better way of categorizing topics.  If
you don't believe me take a look at the Weblogic and Toplink newsgroups.
Mailing lists are good for simple discussions.  Filtering emails is not a
reasonable solution for topical categorization of messages.  Especially if
you have to use a web based email client at work (because of a firewall)
and have a stand alone client at home.  Whereas a newsgroup always
contains a set hierarchy, whether you access from deja.com or a stand
alone client.

-Alexandre

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:53:00 +0200