I am having problems with this right now.  I can set the
max-http-connections value="30" but I still see between 40 & 80 threads
allocated - It runs fine for about 1hr 15mn and then soem exception tries to
get a resource bundle and there seems to be a defect in
java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle that leaves thousands of threads in
either

"ApplicationServerThread" prio=5 tid=0x5712890 nid=0x2484 waiting on monitor
[0x816f000..0x816fdc4]
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(ResourceBundle.java:768)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:637)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:559)
        at java.text.DateFormatSymbols.getZoneData(Unknown Source)
        at java.text.DateFormatSymbols.cacheLookup(Unknown Source)
        at java.text.DateFormatSymbols.initializeData(Unknown Source)
        at java.text.DateFormatSymbols.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.text.DateFormat.get(Unknown Source)
        at java.text.DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.text.DateFormat.getInstance(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind.io.kb.log(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.CollectionLogger.log(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.g1.sc(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.log(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.sc(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpServletResponse.x_(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpServletResponse.x_(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.sp(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.so(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)
or

"ApplicationServerThread" prio=5 tid=0x91f9f00 nid=0x2208 waiting on monitor
[0x116ef000..0x116efdc4]
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(ResourceBundle.java:768)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:637)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
        at
com.spss.de.exceptions.DEException.constructMessage(DEException.java:57)
        at com.spss.de.exceptions.DEException.<init>(DEException.java:45)
        at
com.spss.de.exceptions.DEObjectNotFoundException.<init>(DEObjectNotFoundExce
ption.java:34)
        at
com.spss.de.dms.ValueLabelSet.getValueLabelObject(ValueLabelSet.java:142)
        at
com.spss.de.dms.ClientVariable.getResponseItemObject(ClientVariable.java:318
)
        at
com.spss.de.dms.ClientVariable.getResponseItem(ClientVariable.java:270)
        at
com.spss.de.transport.web.WebClientDictItem.toString(WebClientDictItem.java:
216)
        at
com.spss.de.server.servlet.ValueConverter.toString(ValueConverter.java:85)
        at
com.spss.de.server.servlet.ValueAccessor.getStringValue(ValueAccessor.java:1
80)
        at
com.spss.de.server.servlet.ValueAccessor.get(ValueAccessor.java:232)
        at freemarker.template.expression.Dot.getAsTemplateModel(Dot.java)
        at freemarker.template.expression.Variable.getValue(Variable.java)
        at
freemarker.template.instruction.VariableInstruction.process(VariableInstruct
ion.java)
        at
freemarker.template.compiler.TemplateLink.process(TemplateLink.java)
        at
freemarker.template.compiler.TemplateLinkedList.process(TemplateLinkedList.j
ava)
        at freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java)
        at
com.spss.de.server.servlet.TemplateRunner.doGet(TemplateRunner.java:61)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.si(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.forward(JAX)
        at
__jspPage0_CacheTest2_WebFiles_DEController_jsp._jspService(__jspPage0_Cache
Test2_WebFiles_DEController_jsp.java:185)
        at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.w5(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.si(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.forward(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.sp(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.so(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

I think that as the number of threads increases eventually they lock up
memory and the

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>

occurs and then the resource bundle locks and the server is basically dead.

Any idea how to get orion to free up unused threads ???

TIA
Nate