Check the docs. There is a flag that you need to set to tell Orion
that is does not have "exclusive" access to the database, and that
it needs to recognize when a record is updated by a program other
than Orion.

I believe you need to look at the "exclusive-write-access" attribute
of the <entity-deployment> element in orion-ejb-jar.xml.

tim.