How do you do your lookup? It didn't work for me in the web application
unless I used the actual ejb-name (from ejb-jar.xml)in the lookup and not
the jndi name. In the other posting you refer to, I see that James
Birchfield used a jndi name like 'jdbc/OraclePooledDS'. My interpretation of
orion's error message is that you don't have a valid jndi context as in
comp:java/env... available. This sounds reasonable to me since you are
plugging in the usermanager as part of the container instead of running it
as an application within the container.

Let me know what you think of this.

Marcel Schutte