If your code demonstrates that Orion loses the session (or creates a new one),
each time that the SSL session is re-established, then that would indicate to
me that it is an Orion bug. I assumed that your problem was tied to the Basic
Auth, but you are apparently using a FORM instead, and your processing it just
like ours in that case.

Bugzilla.... :(

tim.