IE 5.0/5.5 running on 95/98/NT keeps losing it's HTTPS session with Orion,
which is big trouble if you store logon info there.  By default these
versions of IE renegotiate their SSL connections every two minutes, but this
can be changed by adding a DWORD registry entry.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\ClientCache
Time

Adding this entry, and setting it to 0x7FFFFFFF has solved all our issues
with forcing constant logons when running in secure mode, but is a major
pain because it has to be done for all clients (except Win2K and WinME
clients)

Since I have never come across this problem when logging on to other HTTPS
sites on the web, I can't help but wonder if Orion is not handling the
situation properly (I've tried it on both 1.38 and 1.45).  Does anyone else
have any experience with this problem, or can comment on whether Orion
should be handling this without modifying every client machine?

Thanks,
  Bruce

Microsoft reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q265/3/69.ASP