From: Tim Endres [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 5:33 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Orion + IE + HTTPS = Trouble

If your code demonstrates that Orion loses the session (or creates a new
one),
each time that the SSL session is re-established, then that would indicate
me that it is an Orion bug. I assumed that your problem was tied to the
Basic
Auth, but you are apparently using a FORM instead, and your processing it
just
like ours in that case.

Bugzilla.... :(

tim.

> This is my first HTTPS application, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Our
> logon uses a JSP page, and places a UserInfo object in the HttpSession
> (along with other objects we use for workflow tracking).  All subsequent
> access checks for this object before processing, forwarding to the logon
> page if it is not found.  Our problem was that every two minutes the
session
> changes (a println() in the servlet now displays a different session id),
> the UserInfo object is not found, so the logon page is displayed again.
> Adding this registry entry solved the problem on all client machines.  How
> should I change this to get around the problem?
>
> My only reason for suggesting that it may be an Orion problem is just that
> I've never had problems using IE on other company's secure sites, so
> something is being handled differently.  If the problem lies with me,
thats
> OK, I just need someone to point me in the right direction so I can fix
it.

> Thanks,
>   Bruce

Orion,
> > which is big trouble if you store logon info there.  By default these
> > versions of IE renegotiate their SSL connections every two minutes, but
> this
> > can be changed by adding a DWORD registry entry.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\ClientCache
> > Time
> >
> > Adding this entry, and setting it to 0x7FFFFFFF has solved all our
issues
> > with forcing constant logons when running in secure mode, but is a major
> > pain because it has to be done for all clients (except Win2K and WinME
> > clients)
> >
> > Since I have never come across this problem when logging on to other
HTTPS