-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chris
Bergstresser
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 10:48 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Null pointer bug?

   I think I've found a bug in Orion.  I've created a primary key for an EJB
which contains only an int.  However, when this class is deployed, I get the
following stack trace on the server:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
TestBeanHome_EntityHomeWrapper73.hashCode(TestBeanHome_EntityHomeWrapper73.j
ava:112)
        at com.evermind.util.ExternalHashSet.get(JAX)
        at
TestBeanHome_EntityHomeWrapper73.create(TestBeanHome_EntityHomeWrapper73.jav
a:544)
        at com.testing.ControlEJB.ejbPostCreate(ControlEJB.java:97)
        at
ControlHome_EntityHomeWrapper69.create(ControlHome_EntityHomeWrapper69.java:
422)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bd.dr(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

And the following on the client:

Exception in thread "main" javax.ejb.EJBException
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.invokeMethod(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a2.invoke(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a3.invoke(JAX)
        at __Proxy2.create(Unknown Source)
        at com.testing.InitializeSystem.main(InitializeSystem.java:52)

The client code creates a "Control" Bean and, in the ejbPostCreate of that
bean I lookup the home of the "TestBean" and create it.  The null pointer
isn’t happening in my code -- in fact, everything executes successfully
until the thread leaves the ejbCreate method in the TestBean but before it
calls the ejbPostCreate method.  Then it blows up.  Any ideas?

-- Chris