From: Hani Suleiman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 4:24 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: A Swedish Idea

Argh, I really did try hard not to respond, but I can resist no longer...

'it's good enough for NASA' means nothing, nor is it relevant. Win98 is
good enough for many 'respected' corporations, that does not mean we
should all follow suit. Horses for courses, my friend.

Mysql does not support transactions, which are REQUIRED for J2EE. It's
'good enough' for certain types of applications, however, it is NOT good
enough for J2EE. End of discussion.

I think you're working off of a very false assumption, which seems to go
like this:

I like technology X
I like technology Y
Technology X and technology Y must get married, to form technology Z that
I will think is the nest thing since sliced bread.

Sadly, while there's nothing wrong with the first two steps, the third
seems to be a bit of a....leap of faith.

Hani