Sure I will be happy to. The project I was involved in they factored a load
of code in the JSP servlet superclass and I found that when I wanted access
to this code via a servlet that it was impossible. Factoring code into the
superclass is only useful if you've made the decision to only access this
code from within your JSP pages at runtime. Sure there are many ways to
architect this properly but reusing code factored into the superclass
outside of a JSP pages is very difficult and putting such code in the
superclasses encourages the use of scriptlets in the JSP code. Always a bad
idea.