From: Joseph Ottinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 1:05 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: is Orion dead?

...except the wait is due to an internal refactoring that should yield
significant benefits. Yourconclusion was predicted by the list in general,
but I disagree; the team's still working on Orion, and I figure that
people will be more happy once the new versions come out. You'd hope it
would be incremental changes as it was in the past (anyone remember the
three-versions-a-day times?) but that's simply not realistic considering
the changes being put into place. Patience. Enjoy.

Joseph B. Ottinger                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://enigmastation.com                    IT Consultant

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Jarrod Roberson wrote:

> At 03:41 PM 4/11/2002, you wrote:
> >Whats the current state of Ironflare and Orion?
> >
> >Nothing has changed in the 'stable release' of Orion for almost a year,
even
> >though there are glaring bugs in http session clustering (not even fixed
in
> >1.5.4) and some significantly lacking components.   Ironflare was
supposed
> >to be in the pavillion at JavaONE, but oddly they had no write up
> >(apparently they didn't submit one), and didn't actually show up (so
their
> >booth was empty).  There also seems to be a conspicuous infrequency to
their

> >I know that Oracle 9iAS is evolving and expanding, and I believe that
> >IronFlare is doing a significant amount of work on the 9iAS code base (as
> >consultants?).  But whats to become of Orion?  It almost appears that
Oracel