Orion has/had such a mechanism in place, however, the reason this has been
scaled back is due to user response. You might be able to understand that it's
a preview, you might realise that it will have bugs and problems. This however
does not extend to all users, and I suspect the vocal minority of those who
whine and complain are those responsible for everyone else not having access to
regular updates for testing and previews at last.